Friday 21 September 2012

I’m Woman!


I'm every woman, it’s all in me, anything you want done, baby I do it naturally …..  singing in Whitney’s voice….
Thinking of the challenges women face every day, celebrating women should be a daily routine… being a woman is not easy as a pea.  I’m 100% certain all women can attest to this!

Woman’s strengths are not easily defined and are truly boundless:

·         Dealing with dreadful period pains EVERYMONTH accompanied by moodswings and crazy cravings …. Pregnancy…. Giving birth is a matter of life and death. It's definitely the hardest thing a woman should endure.
·       Walking/Running in 6-inch stilettos
·         Spending countless hours are the beauty salon
·         Endless hours doing house chores
·         Mother our men and our children, hold the fort at home  and work work
·         Doing all this while looking like a million bucks!

I think it’s safe to say that Superman has been given way too much honor, fame and recognition!!!!!

·         Oh and let’s not forget about the pressures to be the ‘acceptable’ weight

Women are kind, sensitive, survivors, caring, warm, compassionate, loving, emotional, nurturing, many are broken, battered, bruised and alone amongst so many other things but above all…Women are strong!

I’ve found myself curled up and crying my eyes out… asking “why me??” and wishing I was a man but have managed to rid myself of that absurd notion ‘cause why would one want to be a man when women are beautiful objects of desire, women bring life into the world, people are more likely to rush to the aid of a helpless woman

It’s been said that
·         We live longer
·         We get aroused without the whole room knowing  
·         My personal favourite … we can always blame our mood swings on PMS!
·         We can wear any kind of clothes and any colour of our choice without looking odd.
·         We can wear men's clothes without them calling us lesbians.
·         We can stroll around with t-shirt and short and still look cute and cool.
·         We can have as many hairstyles as you want, as long as we can carry and manage it.
·         We can wear light and heavy make-ups. Make-up enhances our natural beauty.
·         We don't need to pay for bills (dinner, snacks, drinks etc.). What's the use of our charms?
        Let men pay for your dinner.
·         We can be emotional and cry your heart out.
·         We can take advantage of "Lady's first" rule.
·         We can be with our girl friend without anybody thinking we are lesbian.
·         We can loudly scream when watching horror movies. Nobody cares!
·         We can freak out over mouse, cockroaches and snakes without looking so foolish.
·         We don't need to change your flat tire. Just wait until someone comes and show your damsel in distress expression to them, they will sympathize with you and do the repair for free.

Earlier I posted about Maya Angelou’s; here is a snippet of “Phenomenal Woman” is a mantra ALL women should live by. The core concept of this poem is the value of inner beauty, charisma and personality as tools of beauty compared to physical beauty. Throughout the poem she explains what makes this woman charming, but mostly, why this woman is phenomenal,

Enjoy!!!!

Phenomenal Woman
I walk into a room Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,The fellows stand or Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me, A hive of honey bees.
I say,It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman,That's me


1 comment:

  1. Yes you are a woman (my very own Jabu)

    A women I found a friend in
    A women who never challenged, judged or even made me feel like taking a bungie jump out of my life
    You are a women with many talents and one of which is to make a man like me feel loved
    A woman true to herself, your joy is felt from miles away
    A women with a smile that goes deeper than a magazine smile
    Mellow voice that kinda says "everything is fine", the voice that needs no music to make it a masterpiece
    You make a man love what you love in him and in most cases he can not put a finger on it
    A woman who understands her beauty and needs no external justifications
    I may as well call this the longest relationship I have ever had
    You are a woman Kenny Mabona found a friend in- my very own Jabu

    ReplyDelete