Monday 8 April 2013

I AM: TIME


There is so much I am aiming for in my life, often with so little time to get it all in one bag. I am constantly on a chase against time. There is no time for games, I am on the ball.
While I am rushing, I sometimes forget or lose sight of the most important things. I forget that there is one person who holds time in his hands. There is one who is completely in control regardless of how in control I may think I am. That one person is the great I AM. In this case, he becomes “I AM TIME”.

He calls us to seek him FIRST and with that comes all the other things that we will ever need (Matthew 6:33: “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and ALL these things shall be added unto you.”) The “All” is inclusive of the very things I consider important and are pursuing with everything within me. God is on my side, he wants to bless me with ALL these things. He is like a proud father who takes pride in the success of his child. I have to remember that he cares about every business in my life; he does call me the apple of his eye after all.

What does this mean, do I seek him and then seat back and relax. What it means is this- while I seek him, he guides and leads me into my promised land. Each and every one of us has a “promised land”, that which we desire, our destinations.

MY God is very meticulous, has great attention to detail; very careful and precise and leaves no stone unturned. That is how God works in my lives when he is allowed room. He knows the end from the beginning while I have limited insight. I can never outdo God in this. From the beginning of time, he knew it all and the best way to do things in my life is through his wisdom.

I have discovered that whenever I lose focus and pursue my dreams without God, I end up very frustrated with no peace of any sort, let alone achieving the desired outcome. 


On the other hand, when I seek God and operate from his wisdom, I find that I can go a long mile without losing my peace. Because I now know this, whenever I feel out of sync, I check my relationship with the one who holds the key to my success. If out of place, I reconnect and keep moving.



No comments:

Post a Comment