Monday 16 July 2012

Today, I turn 31


Want to know how I feel about turning 31 today?
I dreaded the idea of turning 31, growing up, I used to think people in their 30’s were really and I mean really old. Now that I’m in my 30's, that perspective has quickly shifted literally flew out of the window (I am not that old or am I???), I still feel like a little kid, except I’m doing my best in playing the part of an adult–trying to fit in with other grown-ups, and subsequently hiding the little kid within.
Having been obsessed with the topic of happiness, love and personal development over the past years (heads cracking, brain tired), I feel like I’m becoming more and more in touch with the mature me, straightforward, and established in love.
I paused and looked at my life and its richness and fullness. I am overwhelmed by the love of my God, my family and friends. I am drenched in acceptance, openness, and the daily beauty of being me, as difficult as it is some days!!! Yeah it’s hard being me at times.
Last year proved some great opportunities and some great loss, worst ever in my life, turning 30, and so many unforeseen challenges!!!! All the while God faithfully stood at my side and upheld me!! Now, however, so much focus has been placed before me…so much clarity and determination.

I may not be where I dreamed I would be but I know I am where God wants me to be.
Jeremiah: 29:11-13 “For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will look for Me and find Me, when you look for Me with all your heart.



I love my life and am thankful for every moment of it. I love that God will never ever say, “You’re all done Jabulile. Nothing’ more to learn here.”  I love that birthdays are markers of not only where we came from, but where we are headed…and for those reasons, I love turning 31, finally at peace with my age!!!

My Daily Bread

“The day is ending, our life is one day shorter.Let us look carefully at what we have done.
Let us practice diligently,…Putting our whole heart into the path…Let us live deeply each moment in freedom, So time does not slip away meaninglessly.”
~Thich Nhat Hanh




3 comments:

  1. #tear#.....#toungeout#.....o tsofetse ge!

    Happy happy birthday my sweets! Hold on to God's plans for your life, wait on Him n He will surely come out for you. Wait, i say wait on Him...
    Your birthday so is...Ill wait on the Lord by Juanita Bynum...listen to it n ull be blessed...

    Love you lots...#huggie#....mcwaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv what u wrote sistas,true inspiration indeed.Enjoy what's left of ur day nd stay blessed.
    Love KBH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lovies KBH me cracking my head trying to to figure out who you are!!!

    Really had a great day.

    ReplyDelete