Monday 9 July 2012

A Very Happy UnBirthday To Me


OOH GEEZ AM TURNING 31

Today is a week to my unbirthday before I turn 31 years old and I mean to make the most of it. For those of you who don't know, next Monday 16 July, is my birthday. I will be the ripe old age of 31 years old. I was not excited to turn 30 and I'm even less excited to be turning 31. Somehow 30 is a threshold between being "young" and "getting older". And yes, I do finally feel like I am getting older. I don't just drop and roll on the floor playing with nieces. I'm less spontaneous and I feel sort of set in my ways now. I have no idea if I'm losing my zest for life, or if I've just reached a place of "maturity". I started walking and joined l the gym last year  and actually made a habit of going. I haven't lost as much weight as I would've liked, but I am feeling a lot healthier and my stamina is up. I want to enter middle age as gracefully as possible.
 
This year is nothing special, so I plan on keeping it low key. Really I wish I wasn't having a birthday at all. I'm not really in the mood. You know, like when a big holiday rolls around and you just haven't been able to get into the spirit of the season? It's like that with my birthday this year.

As with most people I'm not looking forward to getting older. I'm happy with where I'm at right now. I can live with the aches and pains that I have now. I have a pretty regular routine and I know what to expect most days. Life is comfortable, like an old shoe. I hope my thirties are long and prosperous. My twenties were not a good time of life for me. I was very depressed.

For my next 9 years I want to have some more real goals. I want to spend quality time with my family. Make me the best me I can be. Including losing weight (again).Hopefully settle and start a family……. I want to continue being a freelance writer, so that I can begin a career changeover that will sustain me as I get older. Hopefully I can derive a little side income, if I get going with that. I want to appreciate each moment of life as if it was my last. There's still plenty of time to be the person I was meant to be and continue to be all the great things that I already am. Life is good.

A week away and I just really dread it. Being 30's had its good points also. My reasons:

·         I am quite confident of myself and what I can do compared to a decade ago.
·         My views are respected by others even if they are wild and outer-space type.
·         I am more to taking care of myself, fitness and all, and
·         I am wiser and more beautiful....... (10 years ago, I could cry over fat bellies and pimples!!! and just worry what others may say, now, to heck with them.)

All that being said, I'm happy that I'm only turning 31 and not 41 So, Thank God, I am 31 years old, healthy, beautiful, sexier inside out and loving life more!!!


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    I read and love what am reading yet its a contradiction as at some point you embrace the beautiful age you turning an dthe good that you doing in realising and accepting your maturity, the next minute...you down , miserable an dnot looking forward to your birthday??

    Decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....wena na... wa tsofala, its normal to be depressed..#toungeout#

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anons

    Am not looking forward to turning 31 and getting older, but at the same time am embracing all the lessons I learnt in the 30 yrs of life.

    anon 2 yes ka gola sad but true!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete