Friday 9 November 2012

The Job Search Continues…


This whole looking for a job thing is the absolute worst.
 
My emotions are all over the place. One minute, I am feeling confident and determined, the next annoyed and discouraged and the next very helpless.

Why can’t I get a job?
Ooops wrong question, I can get a job. I have actually been offered four jobs in the past last year. I accepted one, turned down the others. Zero have been utilizing my education, skills and experience.

What do people do when they haven’t found the job of their dreams?
Or do they just wait….and wait…and wait….
I have to improve my job search, get past my inability to network, maybe stop underselling myself, finish that Marketing Course, or quit doing work for free, but I’m not giving up on my dreams. There is no alternative. No Plan B. No consideration of working a job I hate.
Maybe this is what they call perseverance. Or stupidity. The good thing, the blessed-by-God thing, is that I don’t have to do anything else. I don’t have children depending on me. All I have is time to try and try and try some more.

Eventually, it will pay off.

                                          One day, I will get a job  and I will look like this.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment